Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Monday

Aidan woke up at 6 am calling for Mama. Rick went and got him and put him in our bed and he fell back to sleep. Abby woke up calling for Mommy so I yelled for her to come in. I cannot think of a better way to start my day. All of us in bed. In addition, if you lived at our house you would know that both kids always call for Daddy. Even when they wake up in the middle of night- they always call for him. Unusual today.

I've been making new receipes since I have been off for 6 days. Last week- Georgia peach pecan crusted chicken sandwiches. YUM. Last night I tried this skillet dish with shrimp, rice, chicken apple sausage. The best thing about that one was it makes 3 meals- you eat one and freeze two. Tonight I am trying this kettle chip crusted chicken skewer thing with grapes. It's marinated in a yogurt, lemon, cumin, garlic sauce and then you roll it in crushed chips. I can't remember the others at the moment. My memory has been bizarre lately. Rick found the peanut butter in the fridge. I put an opened box of cereal in the pantry in the hallway where we store things. I threw away the lid to Aidan's milk jug. The list is longer but I can't remember :-)

We went out in the backyard yesterday after dinner and shoveled up river rock so Rick can put it under the shed that is under our deck- the shed started to sink from all the rain. He wanted to use it before the landscapers got rid of it. The kids had a blast putting rocks in buckets and just playing in the dirt. Abby ended up doing something with his wheelbarrow and received a large wooden splinter embedded under the skin of her finger pad. Not a sliver. A splinter. She was so good- I squeezed on that thing to get it to move towards the opening and it was thick. I had to pull hard and she did not once flinch or cry. All she said was, "Are you a doctor?" I think she was just excited to finally have an excuse to wear one of the princess bandaids that Santa put in her stocking last year.

Landscaping starts tomorrow. I am bursting with excitement.

We had to run out and get Abby a backpack for school today (last minute) because some new state regulation says they have to keep their winter coats and change of clothes in a backpack vs. a cubby to control head lice if that should happen. Anyway she got the LAST princess one at Target. Aidan wants to be just like her so she let him wear her little one.




No comments: