Friday, June 6, 2008

Let's Negotiate

Abby now understands the concept of one…two… and you do what you’re told before three. At bedtime she will try to drag it out for as long as possible. She will extend her prayers to include “let’s pray for the blue sky and something else.” Or she will ask daddy to sing more lullaby’s or get out of bed repeatedly and bring us things to sleep with.
Last night, I am in the bathroom and I heard Rick tell her, “Either get in bed or go give Mommy a kiss.” He starts to count, “one, two,”… and then I hear her traipsing down the hall for a kiss. She’s back in her room and I again hear him say, “You have until the count of three, either get in bed or I will put you there.” He starts to count, “one… two… and she cuts him off and says “Can you go to four?”
HA!!!

No comments: