Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday...

Can we just start the day over? and more car issues- seriously. I'll get to that later. From the time Abby woke up she has been a crying, whining, sassy, MESS. Before church, I said to Rick "is it to early to drink?" We don't drink either... he had the famous reply, "it's noon somewhere." This particular morning a bloody mary or a mimosa sounded pretty good. I think we have a drink once every 4 years so I'm due. I don't know what is wrong with her but it's been a very trying day. I've never had high blood pressure but I'm convinced that today it's off the charts.

The car... and not the Nissan. On the way to church this morning, our minivan got hit on 217 by a flying Luis Palau sign. (hmmm maybe that is a sign in itself) You know those yard signs that are everywhere with the metal frame- that's the one. We were behind this old beater blazer and apparently he had the sign fixated to his front bumper where it dislodged itself and came flying at us. Scratched our hood- we had to pull over and get his info. I'm not sure what to think- or what Rick is thinking. The whole exchange between them seems shady- I am letting my husband figure this one out. Needless to say it was hard concentrate on the sermon at church due to this very BIZARRE incident... but it was a GREAT sermon and I took lots of notes because it certainly pertains to me. Do you ever feel like you are sitting in church and the sermon is about you, for you, directed at you, and you want to slink down or look around because you just KNOW that everyone knows this sermon is for you and you only? That was me today. Gosh I just thought, what if I blabbed all of that and no one else ever has those moments. Open mouth insert foot.
You want to know more about the sign situation don't you? It's strange I tell you. In the back of the blazer there was a ton of stuff- like one of those people who collect trash? or he's living out of it? I wasn't sure if he was intoxicated but Rick says he didn't smell anything. Apparently on his insurance card the only car listed as covered is a Mercedes- so is this old blazer even covered under the policy? The guy doesn't want us to call his insurance because he is trying to get his bus license and doesn't want this incident to affect that. ?????????????????? Things that make you go hmmmm.

I'm scratching my head at this very truly strange day.

Abby has this church friend, Julia. She talks about her constantly and even names her babies Julia. Today we found out that it's Julia's last week in Abby's Sunday school class because she is moving up to the kindergarten class- she turned 5 today. When we picked Abby up after church I asked her if she was sad about Julia and she says "Mom, I gotta turn 4." Also on the way home Abby likes to point out the train tracks that run alongside the freeway. She is still having issues with some of her words- today she says, "There's the shoo-shoo sane tacks" and Rick says, "You mean choo choo train tracks?" She says, "THAT IS WHAT I SAID." Sassy little thing I tell you.
Nick and Ash came over today for a much needed, long awaited visit and by much needed- it was was a great deterrent for Abby- she switched off the crying meltdowns and was somewhat back to normal. Costco and the libray now wait for us to visit. Maybe I can convince my husband we should eat out tonight so I can have a margarita. A very big one.

ps. speaking of dinner I figure I would start posting our menus so all of us blogger readers can start swapping dinner ideas. (and if you don't blog but read ours- we can swap by email).
M- crab cakes, cous cous and asparagus
T- ham and potatoes and some veggie
W- tacos
TH- teryaki meatballs over rice and fruit
F- chili and cornbread
S- ravioli bake
S- chinese chicken salad


No comments: