Sunday, July 13, 2008

What's on the menu



Abby asked what is on the menu tonight. I told her bbq hamburgers, corn and macaroni salad. She says, "That's not on my my menu. My menu is toast, cheesy noodles (mac/cheese) and cookies."
My mom is in Hawaii for a medical conference and visiting my Aunt and Uncle who live there. We are taking care of her house/yard/cats. Saturday I packed a picnic and let the kids play in the sprinklers since we have to stay there awhile watering the grass. They loved it- especially since our back yard is un-useable due to the trees. I'm going to get up at 5ish tomorrow to run over there and start the sprinklers. She lives a mile from us- thank goodness. Tomorrow is Aidan's ENT appt and since I am getting off early for that we are going to take the kids to the zoo in the very late afternoon- hoping it won't be so busy and it's our FIRST trip there this year.
After church today we did more watering at mom's, a costco run, nap time (including Rick and I) and then took Aidan to stride rite for some new tennis shoes. They had the CUTEST fire truck tennis shoes- and on sale!! He was so excited he clapped and wouldn't take them off.
I started running again this week- he said to ease into it. I don't think that is my problem. It's this hot weather and lack of motivation. I think I ran a little over 2 miles and walked 9. Plus I feel like I am so completely out of shape- like I have to start all over again. If someone would just dangle a Starbucks out there- you know like at the dog races where they chase the rabbit. That would work for me. I know it would.


Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, with all your strength.

No comments: