Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cornbread Skillet & Starbucks


My first 'involved' meal that I've cooked since my surgery- I made cornbread skillet tonight. Wasn't a big hit- the kids are so picky. Give em mac n cheese or grilled cheese and they eat that.
So it's back to cooking and getting in the groove. Rick went back to work after 17 days with us. A certain little boy sure misses his dah-yee.

I was told I can start light walking after the two week mark so I took the kids on a 2 mile walk this morning and walked another mile on the treadmill tonight and tried some bicep curls. I miss running but hey it's at least something right?? Now I am going to INHALE some strawberries on top of pound cake with cool whip.

Last night on the news they were talking about Starbucks closing 600 stores. Abby sees the logo and says, "Look there's Starbucks" What an eye opener at how much I go there! In addition to her knowing Starbucks, during bathtime she makes me lattes. She says, "Do you want a whole milk vanilla latte?" Why sure- I wouldn't turn that down.

Rick has now come down with a sore throat. Sooner or later all 4 of us will be healthy at the same time. I'm hopeful anyway.

No comments: