Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Daughter...

She's been saying this: "You get what you get so don't throw a fit"
I don't know where it came it from but it's funny- and I feel it pertains to me and my Starbucks. They almost messed up again this morning but I caught it before I drove off (it's a drive thru). This is a sign that I need to work more diligently at giving it up. I've tried countless times. I'm weak for lattes. And they are decaf- so it's not like I'm getting a 'fix' but I know we could stand to save the money. Anyway I asked her where she learned that quote- if it was from school and she says she learned it at church and then she says, "Why do you keep asking me?" as if I am annoying her.
Sometimes you need a 3 year old to help you put it all into perspective. So remember that, you get what you get so don't throw a fit.
On the way to school this morning we were behind this truck that has printed on the back, Otis Spunkmeyer. Abby says something like, "that's a cookie truck"- we have NEVER had this brand of cookies in our house, they don't serve them at school or church- and I'm not sure if they have commercials??? There were no pictures of cookies on the truck. I cannot figure out how she knows this. She knows the basic places 'sign/logo recognition' that we go to and can point them out like Home Depot, Kaiser, Starbucks, Target, Costco, Babies R Us, Chuck E Cheese (although never been there) but Otis Spukmeyer??? and at the end of the slogan there is an exclamation point (!!!!) and she says, "Mom, those I's are upside down" (cute right?) Which then reminded me that I need to work more with her on writing her letters so I mention this to her and she says, "Well, I can make a pretty good N"
Today was Aidan's first day back at daycare in a month I think. I was a crying mess when I left. Ever since he was sick he's been so clingy- always holding his blanket and snowman. This morning he didn't want to be put down- made it hard to get all of us out the door. As soon as we walk in his school he starts fussing- then when it came time for me to leave he was hysterical, saying Mama Mama with his arms out. It was all I could do to refrain myself from scooping him back up and just going home. A side note, Aidan loves and adores his daddy- (both kids ended up with him as the favorite, preferred parent) anyway, he's awake in his crib this morning and I go into his room, he stands up, points to the door and says "da-yee" and then signs "more" and points and says "da-yee" and then signs more again. More daddy. More daddy.

No comments: