Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Undergarments

Last night Abby had soccer. When we get there early we usually go out on the field and kick some balls around with her and let Aidan run loose... probably a good 10 minutes. We had fun running around on the field and then her class started- we take Aidan off the field- walk around to keep him entertained, then stand by the sidelines to watch. As we are standing there this other mom comes up to me grabs my arm, looks me directly in the eye and says "your skirt is tucked into...something in the back.'"
YES. My skirt was tucked into my underpants for all of the entire soccer complex to see and yet my husband didn't utter one word. He of course 'didn't notice'. I remained composed, pulled my skirt down and waited the entire 50 minutes for her class to hurry up and end. When we left I said- "Well the entire place got a good viewing and all Rick could say was "I hope you weren't wearing ugly underwear." That is whole other discussion in itself. He obviously thinks some of my undergarments are in fact, ugly.

I have to give him credit though. He is the most amazing husband and father. He's been ironing!! He does so much to help balance things around here with both of us working. I'm truly blessed.

On the flip side, I used one of my Mother's Day gift certificates and got a massage today. It was THE BEST massage I have had in a long time. I can't wait to go back. If you need a great massage I'll pass on the info.

2 comments:

TG's Mom said...

Sorry Julie...I had to laugh. That sounds like something Ty would say to me. I can only imagine what that conversation sounded like!

Mark Jenkins said...

What no pic's?!!!

I am so sorry that happened, but I too got yet "another" laugh from your blog.