Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Thank you to all of the men and women who are serving or have served in the armed forces. We are proud that you selflessly put yourselves out there to defend and protect our freedom. We are humbled and grateful by your service and dedication.

We had a very low key weekend at home. Saturday is a work day for Rick so the kids and I just did the usual laundry/upkeep. I got out the double BOB and took them on a long walk to get some fresh air. I did 15 miles last week. If I had to guess I would say five, maybe six miles of it was walking thanks to my (insert word of your choice here) knee. It's actually feeling better. I've been icing it every night. You are probably thinking, Ok DORK why not sit it out a week? Because people... I have 3 weeks until my surgery after which I cannot do ANYTHING for 4-6 weeks. I can't even do light walking until week 2.

Abby is excited to loose her baby teeth because the tooth fairy will come. On occasion she tries to tell us a tooth is loose. Today she asked, “Mom, how old will I be when my baby teeth fall out?” I said probably six or seven and she said, “I would rather be seven.” Then she says “how much longer until I am five?”

The other day I was folding clothes and she went into our closet and pulled out the medical shoe I wore when I broke my toe. She asked how the dr knew it was broken and I said I had x-ray’s taken. She asked what x-ray’s are and I told her they take pictures of your bones and then she asks, “How do you pull your skin off?”

Sometimes when we are having a quick meal I throw one of those frozen veggie steam bags in the microwave. The kids rarely will touch it but I continue to try and when there is some left over I noticed that Rick will re-freeze it. The other night was a quick dinner night so I look in the freezer and find some corn. Let me remind you that on Rick’s work nights he gets home at 7:30 so he doesn't eat with us, so I just leave dinner out for him to reheat. When I do the frozen veggie bags, I typically leave a spoon in the bag or next to. That night I get the corn out that’s been re-frozen and I open it up- and found that he NEVER touched the corn because there was the spoon- frozen inside the bag. He just came home from work, ate dinner- didn’t touch the corn and wrapped it up. I’m always telling him I’m part of CSI. The funniest was when we were at our old house in Aloha and we were enjoying Starbucks and Starbucks coffee cake at the kitchen bar. I walked away for awhile and I came back- and I said “you ate bites of my coffee cake.” I think he was shocked. How I knew this- I am left-handed. My fork was lying on the right hand side of my plate when I returned. CAUGHT CAUGHT CAUGHT. Eat your veggies.

Aidan’s favorite thing to do is climb on this old rocking chair we have. He will do it all day long. Here are some pics of him in the chair and wearing Abby’s dress up high heels- hey at least he knows how to match. Also photos of Abby and I making blueberry oatmeal muffins. She was so excited she waited in the chair by the stove for the timer to go off. In case you haven't noticed- in almost all the pictures, she is wearing either a ballet outfit or some sort of princess dress up costume. All day every day. The infant wrist rattle on her arm- that's her 'watch.'















No comments: