Thursday, May 1, 2008

Twice in one day!

First off…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JESSICA TODAY!
Yesterday Abby went to the dentist, while waiting this woman brings out 2 balloons for each of the kids, she asks Abby, “What is your brother's name?” Abby replies proudly, “Scuffy.” We go to Old Navy later on to get some new socks for Aidan and the cashier checking us out again asks Abby, (weird I know) "What is your brother's name?" to which she replies, "Scuffy." This time we say, tell her what his real name is. Silence. Must have slipped her mind on what his legal name is.
Aidan has been a total crab since last Thrusday. He’s FINALLY back to his happy self. Teething is not fun for all involved.
And what would the week be without me posting some sort of mishap. No... I didn’t fall in the garage. Although these incidents keep happening on Thursdays. I get both kids in the minivan this morning (we are actually on time), I’m in and ready to back up and I must have hit the panic button. The doors lock, the horn is blaring, and by blaring- we are still in the garage so it echoes. I cannot get it to turn off. I also cannot get my door to unlock. I am starting to sweat- hot flashes. It’s 7am and I am sure, no, I KNOW that I am waking up every person within a 2 mile radius from our house. Thankfully our neighbor Jeff was leaving to take his kids to daycare so as he was pulling out I saw him just sit in the street waiting to see if I needed help. I tried to call Rick at work because uh yeah… really what could he do over the phone? But you know how you often find comfort in knowing you aren’t alone?? That was my thinking. I dismissed that idea and just hung up. Then I think, ok close the garage door from inside the van (since I am still stuck) and that way people won’t think we are home and they would think, surely the sound really isn’t coming from THAT house. In the midst of all this, the kids are absolutely quiet. A) they are scared or B) they have lost their hearing. I am quite sure as I dropped them off at school their little ears were still ringing. Magically I free myself from the van and I run outside and it’s even louder once I am outside! I run to the back of the van with my remote and I am still clicking every single button on that thing and it turns off and Jeff drives away. The shocker of it all… I still stopped at Starbucks and made it to work ON TIME.

No comments: