Friday, May 16, 2008

$63, Bosu and not much else

Sixty-three bucks to fill up this week. That’s like taking food from a baby. Not happy about the gas prices. Rick says his mom used to make pancakes with creamed corn which I have found to be called Corn Fritters. I am going to spring them on the family next week for dinner. That has to be a cheap meal right? The kids love having breakfast for dinner. I also made biscuits and gravy for dinner a few weeks ago- the price per serving was like $.27 cents I believe.

Rick got me my Bosu Balance Trainer for my birthday with 2 work out dvd’s. I’ve been wanting to try the Bosu and let me tell you- my first time on it this week was HILARIOUS. It’s great for toning/strength training. There is this one segment where they expect you to lay on the Bosu- which for those of you who don’t know- it’s a dome-like contraption that is bouncy. Anyway you are supposed to lay on it with the Bosu in the small of your back- lift up your legs and torso to do these sit up things, all while trying to keep your balance- because after all it’s is a “ball”. I kept falling off and laughing hysterically. I’ve got a lot of work to do to perfect that move. It was great for lunges and squats. Oh... and then they have you turn the thing over and try to do push ups on it- while balancing. Seriously- it's like trying to do push ups on a beach ball. I’m a little sore so hopefully it’s working. I highly recommend it. Check it out at Amazon.com.

The kids are good. Abby is still obsessed with fire, fire alarms, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers. I think we are hoping this phase will quickly pass. Everywhere we go she seeks out fire related items. Aidan continues to try out new words. His latest is trucks and he loves to say shoes. He too is a daddy’s boy. How is it that both of my kids ended up that way??? He walks around looking for him saying “dah-yeee” “dah-yeee”

No comments: