Monday, May 5, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Cinco De Mayo= Mom's Birthday!! I was going to post a picture of her with me when I was little but my husband conveniently put them up in the attic.

The month of May is like Christmas for us. No joke! Jessica's birthday, my mom's birthday, my birthday, Mother's day, Teacher Appreciation Week (there are 6 of them we 'appreciate'), Ashley's birthday... Let's not forget 2 of my best friends Lori and Laura whom I send cards to (thank goodness Laura and I no longer exchange gifts) and my Aunt Nancy. It's CRAZY.

We had a good weekend. Abby is going through a smoke alarm phase. She is scared of them and won't go into her room by herself. I think we were asked about ten times, "Why do we have smoke alarms?" Rick got my flowers planted, I pulled some weeds and hacked on one of our front trees. We did our normal every-three-week visit to the library so Abby can check out books. Abby doesn't like kisses. It's a real treat if she lets you give her one however, she is ALWAYS kissing Aidan. This morning I asked her if Aidan could give her a kiss and she frowned and said, "No, I don't want to get slobbered."

I only ran 14 miles last week. I had it in my head that I was going to run 20- I had it all planned out, I just ran out of gas and well...my left knee is really bothering me. Even with strength/weight training I cannot seem to get it to behave. I asked my friend Melissa to train for a half marathon with me and she wasn't all that excited. I wonder why. Speaking of running out of gas, my blood test came back and the dr. confirmed I am low on iron but he isn't changing anything that I am already doing.

And so begins another week.

Going to church in Orange










No comments: