Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm Home!!!

What an ordeal yesterday was. I ate cereal and toast at 9:30pm Thursday night- hoping that would help since I couldn't eat on Friday. My surgery was scheduled for 2:30pm. I was mighty hungry and wanting a cheeseburger of all things. We got to the surgery center at 1 pm. 2:30 came and went. 3:30 came and went. 4pm came and went- and by this time Rick had to leave to pick up the kids. 4:30 came and went. 5pm they said the case before me was supposed to be a realtively 'short case' but obviously not. People started going home!! At 5:30 they came in and said they were closing up the person in the O/R and they would check with my surgeon because if they didn't start soon they would have to send me home. My surgeon finally came in and quickly marked up my wrist where he would cut and I was wheeled back at 5:45.
Thank you to Tera who was there since 2pm and filled my prescriptions, helped me dress, held my gingerale so I could drink and brought me home. I'm so glad it's over!!
Here is what they took out. It's wrapped up for the next 2 weeks so I can't get any 'after' photos yet.


No comments: