Saturday, January 17, 2009

Firsts

Remember when Rick took it upon himself to take the kids to visit the ice cream truck man for their VERY FIRST TIME without me? How could you forget- they probably had such looks of wonder and awe over such a truck that is all souped up and plays music let alone carries the mother load of ice cream goodies??? I could probably still shed tears if I think about it too long. Well… it’s only natural then that I, her mother, experience her FIRST Starbucks (hot chocolate). Her first hot chocolate ever in fact.
He probably won’t cry over it or be upset, I’ll just get that look. You know, THAT look. The one that says, you’re crazy woman. Or the I cannot believe I am legally bound to you look.
But… he might feel a tiny bit bad knowing that the ice cream truck visit was way cooler than Starbucks. Oh here we go again… more tears. How can you possibly take away a mother’s FIRST ice cream truck visit??? And it’s not like I can take them this summer and pretend like it didn’t happen- Abby remembers everything- from the time of birth. Just ask her.
So… here she is- her FIRST Starbucks, trying to pretend it’s just as great as ice cream.




1 comment:

TG's Mom said...

Ok...the first Starbucks is WAY more important than the first ice cream truck!!! Abby is growing up so quickly!!!