Thursday, January 17, 2013

Halt.

You get so used to routine... work, school, cooking, cleaning... rhythm. Workout schedule like clockwork and then BAM it all comes to a screeching stop. I get colds now and then but since I run and exercise so much they last like 2 or 3 days. This one though...this one TOOK ME OUT. I worked for 5 hours on Monday before being "kicked" out. I stayed home Tuesday. Slowly, slowly I am coming back to life. It sure puts it all into perspective when you whine and grovel about how bad you feel and your cousin who has terminal cancer texts you a photo of the icky stuff he has to drink right before his next scan. Humble Pie. Speaking of family... my Uncle who is also terminal is supposed to move into my Aunt's house this weekend and get set up for Hospice. My Aunt however, texted me on Wednesday night stating she was en route to the hospital via ambluance with my Uncle (her husband) and that he has heart blockage. As if her plate wasn't full enough. Uncle was in Cardiac ICU and had a double chamber pacemaker installed today and down the road will need open heart surgery for a valve replacement. I'm not sure when this Uncle is coming home and when other Uncle is moving in. All I know is my family members could use some prayers.

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

Your dog is absolutely adorable! Love the hat picture!