Sunday, January 27, 2013

Finally.

Kids had Friday off so I took it off... as you know by now... so we don't have to pay for daycare. It's SO NICE having an extra day to get things done. I tackled the play room and cleaned house for 2 days straight. FINALLY the play room is cleaned and organized. Sad though... going through all their baby board books they loved when they were little. Abby even ditched her Barbies. Aidan started basketball Saturday. Today I took Abby on a date to Peets, then to a gymnastics meet, the mall for a few errands, and her favorite store, Justice. Girly time. We picked up lunch and brought it home and then it was time for Aidan's date. I took him to Toys R Us and out for frozen yogurt. That kid amazes me. I ask him if he wants to go anywhere specific and he says, "We should get something for you and Abby." When we get to Toys R Us he insists on getting Abby something. I tell him that she already got something at Justice but he wouldn't hear of it. He said, "But, she loves horses and I riwwy riwwy want to get her something."On the way back he was so excited saying how he can't wait to show her and he knows she will give him a big hug. The poor kid... she is so hard on him he probably just wants some approval and love from his big sister. Anyway, our date was cut short because at the yogurt place he declared, "I riwwy riwwy just want to go home." He was bursting at the seams to surprise his sister and she did not disappoint- she gave him a big hug and lots of kisses. And if it looks like we rolled out bed in the photos, it's because we did.
Rick had ERT training with the fire dept and there was a Beaver nearby!!!  And in other random news, I chose sleep over running the past two days and I feel like a tub of lard.
Let's not forget the homework. Sheesh. First it's DO the homework and each day after it's spelling words, now it's vocabulary on top of that, plus math, plus piano, plus memorizing the bible verse, plus the 20 minutes of reading. No wonder kids groan. I'm groaning.

No comments: