Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mish Mash....

Praying for those in Oslo and those in Africa.... especially our sponsor child Nzembi and her family. What tragedies this week.
I took Tuesday off and we headed to the beach for the day. This, after Aidan once again was up at 3am. I felt so completely out of it the entire day from lack of sleep. I honestly don't know how I ever went to work when Abby was a toddler and Aidan was a baby still not sleeping through the night. I remember crying a lot.
I took Wednesday off as well since it was Rick's week to have it off. We semi planned a date day but I decided I wanted time with the kids so it was more of a 'weekend' day- getting groceries, and me getting a jump start on house cleaning while Rick did yard work. I'm sure they were thrilled to miss out on a field trip and seeing their friends to stay home with mom. But I did give them the choice and they both chose me. I know! CAN YOU SAY ROCKSTAR???
Thursday night I was determined to get 8 hours of sleep. I was in bed by 8 or 8:30. I haven't had that much sleep since I don't know when. I just knew I needed it, I have been feeling exhausted.... even my body isn't cooperating. My ankles are so bad from running, the tendonitis in my achilles, I can hardly walk if I sit too long, I have a tendon or maybe it's part of the bone that is off my knee cap that is so bruised or broken that I can't put pressure on it. We stay up so late all the time that I just had to forget everything and crawl in bed. It was fabulous to wake up feeling so rested.
Friday night I was thrilled to not have to go grocery shopping (it's the little things). The kids had movie night and a 'sleepover.'
Aidan got a haircut today and I took them to run a few errands and the library. We're hanging low today- getting things ready for a BBQ we are hosting tomorrow for two of my best friends and their families. Made a new lemon cookie recipe. Finishing housework. Ironing. Laundry.



Teaching Aidan how to skip rocks. Although this one might have been a lesson in how to throw in general


He asked daddy to draw him a race car.

Building a sand tunnel to push his car through

Movie night

Sleepover


No comments: