Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Memory

Ever since Abby started first grade in church this past June she has a weekly bible verse to memorize. The kid amazes me in how she can look at it once and read it and then it's done. I guess I didn't give her enough credit, I figured we would be working on it throughout the week. Granted, they are small verses but I can't remember where my own brain is half the time.

The word of our God stands forever
So God created human beings in his own image
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
The wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord

She goes to church (day) camp next week. I'm excited for the impact a FULL week of church, worship and fellowship is going to bring to her little life.

And in other Abby news, this morning's conversation
Abby: Mom, can people change their names
Me: Yes, legally they can, they have to file papers and get it approved. Why? Do you want to change your name?
Abby: Yes, I want to be called Abby
Me: But we already call you that
Abby: I know. But I don't like Abigail. I want it to just be Abby

No comments: