Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Day of Rest... Really!! Truly

All week I have been selfishly looking forward to Saturday because summer has FINALLY arrived here and I was all prepared to have the kids play in the backyard in the swimming pool while I loafed in a chair and read many a magazines and books... until this happened.







We ventured out this morning to load up on school supplies and when we returned home I brought some things upstairs that I purchased (chapstick, bandaids) Aidan followed me. Everyday we are constantly telling them either A) leave the dog alone or B) quit running in the house. I am deathly afraid of them running near our room because the edge of our bed is brutal. I've wacked my leg on it so many times and I fear they will trip and fall and knock out a tooth or something. Today.... he tripped and went head first into our bedroom door. Only he wasn't running. Yeah. Ironic. I put him on our bed, his hand covering the spot and crying. I took his hand away and knew right away it needed stitches. The whole time he is freaking out just about getting a bandaid. (He hates bandaids). Little did he know what he was in for. I just told him we were going to the Dr. to visit Grandma to get it cleaned out. After an hour-long wait in the waiting room my mom pulled some strings and we were seen.
So... he can't get it wet for a few days. Today was truly a day of rest. At home. On the couch.


No comments: