Thursday, November 22, 2012

Whirlwind. Truly

Sunday after church we surprised the kids with a trip to the beach. They thought we were just going on a drive to scout out Christmas trees. It was pretty funny. What we didn't know was that a huge storm was hitting the coast. The wind and rain was CRAZY. I don't think we slept much because it was so loud. Power went out at the hotel, the road to get home was closed so we had to go another way that took 3 hours. Definitely memorable. As soon as we came home out came the Christmas decorations. I literally feel like I have no time to get this all done. Next weekend is Aidan's Birthday party, the weekend after is my girlfriend's brunch weekend after that I'm having my Dad's side over (minus my dad) and then it's Christmas!  Once again working full time gets in the way ha ha.
Poor Aidan is so used to "routine" he doesn't know if he's coming or going. Being out of school this week and us running all over the place has him out of sorts. We already did the Santa visit and I left early yesterday so we went to the Zoo and did Zoo lights.
Rick took the kids to Costco on Tuesday while I was at work to pick up a few things and Abby wanted to get me flowers. Such a sweet girl!
We put up two trees each year, getting the kids their own 'live' one to put their ornaments on. I asked Abby if she wanted to go to the tree farm on Sunday to pick one out and cut down and she said no she doesn't want to see it get killed. So... guess it's tree lot again.
Aidan's 2nd adult tooth has come in behind his baby teeth. When it does this it gets huge and swollen before it cuts through just like teething and it's painful for him. We call him shark teeth.
Today is Thanksgiving and Rick is once again working this year. I'm going to run around like crazy and get all my side dishes done, and hopefully get at least half of the house clean and start decorating the tree. Tomorrow is a few errands, finish cleaning house, finish tree, eat our big meal... And then time  to get ready for the Civil War game and visit with our grown up girls!!!
Give Thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever!!

No comments: