Friday, August 3, 2012

Week 8 Summer

School supply shopping done. Both kids each have a list, plus they both have one for daycare so we have 4 lists. I tried to start on it a week ago and was completely overwhelmed. I think we needed 16 glue sticks and some had to be a certain size, and some only clear. I couldn't handle it. And when you stand there too long trying to not freak out and take it all in, you get the urge to poop so then you might as well just leave. Which is what happened. Plus the pricing. I mean, I want the 25 cent crayons not the 39 cent crayons and GO FIGURE my cheapy husband says, "it's only 14 cents" so you can tell how much he LOVES school shopping if he didn't care about the price. I basically made him do the rest of it which included a joint trip to Target, Fred Meyer, Staples and then him on his own back to Staples, Target and Fred Meyer to return the extra that I bought too much of because I can't count. Nor do I know what grade Abby is in apparently because I started going off the first grade list and she's going into SECOND grade. I'm a rockstar Mother. Abby had Church camp this week. The theme was Olympics. She had a water play day, field trips to Taekwondo, Ice Skating and Gymnastics. On the last day when they handed out comment cards, she wrote something they could improve was to make the water warmer. It wasn't very warm out the day they donned swim suits. Rick and Aidan had 1/1 time for 3 days which consisted of school supply shopping, bike riding, basketball, more school supply shopping, going out to lunch and more basketball. Weekend is gymnastics and cooking meals to bring to my cousin. I forsee lots of pool time for the kiddos and a chair with me and a book in it.
 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." Hebrews 12: 1-2

No comments: