Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend/Sunday Funday

Saturday the kids and I just stayed inside, I felt horrible about it but going outside just makes me miserable. I love summer and all but I have allergies. I take Claritin and it wears off early afternoon. I might go back to Zyrtec. I have a prescription for Allegra, I took it for one day the side effects were awful. Any other over the counter and I am asleep with in 15 minutes.
So...I made fresh Pineapple and Mango Salsa, Italian Meatballs for Meatball/Mozzarella subs, and assembled the overnight marinade to make Butter Chicken tonight.
This salsa is guaranteed to give you canker sores but soooo good.

We have a no running rule in our house but the kids don't listen. Kids, afterall, run EVERYWHERE. We have a very dangerous bed with sharp corners. It makes me nervous when they come barreling in and trip and ALMOST smack it. I'm afraid of them knocking out their teeth on that thing. On Friday night, Aidan of course was running and ran smack into the corner moudling of the pillars in our dining room- it knocked him flat on the floor from the impact. Lots of blood since head wounds tend to be gushers... we called my mom to see if she thought it needed stitches. This is why he has the nickname Bumpy. He's earned it.
Sunday Funday Rick and I both got up at 5am and ran. Him outside, me inside. We went to church, satisfied my 3 week Krispy Kreme craving, went to a Farmer's Market, watched Daddy use the pressure washer (Aidan has been asking all week), finally bought some hanging baskets, went strawberry picking and more bike riding/practicing for Abby.
Happy Donut Face

Powder berry filled

YUM

I miss my camera!

No comments: