Friday, June 25, 2010

I wasn't kidding

I left my purse at work today. It's Friday. The keys to get into my building are in my purse. I am without my purse until Monday morning.... where oh where did my head go??? Thank goodness for all the help my husband provides. I cannot work full time and DO. IT. ALL. Can you imagine the state I would be in? I'm already looney. The diary of a working mother... and it will just get crazier.
My camera is going to cost $215 to get fixed. Apparently it's a known problem for the shutter to just go out... the pressure washer bit the dust so we replaced that, I dropped off my wedding ring set to be re-plated and yowza that was $171 (was told it was going to be $85). On to the dog... we decided to get him a summer hair cut, the shedding is unbelievable around this house. I will go to work and find dog hair in my oatmeal. Dog cost us $77! Yes- SEVENTY-SEVEN DOLLARS-bath, nails, his hair cut and then the furma-gator thing they had to use. I'm telling you, I am in the WRONG business. I need to get myself a dog grooming certificate/ license pronto. What a rip! So I guess Cooper got a spa day. Well Happy (early) Birthday pup! I think he looks a little silly, Rick loves it and Abby says he looks like a poodle.
This is the first 4th of July in 5 years Rick will have off! We have no plans but it's so nice to get a weekend together. They are few and far between. The kids finished their 2nd week at the new school. Abby loves it. In fact she proclaims she loves school more than weekends. I think it's because they go on field trips which has caused great anxiety for this Mama. She's been to Ibach Park, Hillendale Park, Air and Space Museum, Omsi and Lake Oswego Arts Festival. My nerves are shot...I think I would feel differently if she were older but she's FIVE. Look at me trying to justify my neurosis. My friend Colleen put me in my place, stating "last time I checked your name was Mom and not God." Point taken. Thanks. There are only 10 more weeks of field trips but who is counting :-)

Cell phone camera. Here is the shaved pup

No comments: