Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's Official

I have completely lost my mind. Be afraid... be very afraid. I'm thinking we need to switch the kids college savings accounts to my new assisted living/memory care home. My brother-in-law Mark notified me that I sent Rick's Dad's Father's Day card to him... instead of their dad.
So this could be one of two things, early dementia or I just can no longer keep the pace. I'm thinking it's dementia. I may or may not remember you the next time I see you, which may or may not be a good thing. I apologize in advance.
Perhaps I can blame it on the stressful week... yeah that's it. The kids started at their new school. Wednesday was rough leaving those crying, scared little faces. I sobbed (ugly cried) all the way to work. I came down with a man-cold on Tuesday and had that going for me. We had the garage sale to prepare for and by we I really mean Rick because I was too far gone into my man-cold to help. Have you seen the man cold? Look up man cold on you tube and then you'll know what I'm talking about. I had 9 miles in by Tuesday morning and then got sick...I was able to squeeze out another 3 on Thursday but my husband left me in the dust- he ran a whopping 20 this week! I'm sure you are used to my run on sentences by now. I have no times for edits. I guess I should have disclosed this back in 2008.
Garage sale was good- they are never fun but it's nice to have a little extra cash. We did two half days which is about all I can take. We took the kids to see Toy Story 3, picked up more library books and went to Lakeshore Learning because Abby loves doing those workbooks.
Getting to the most important part of the weekend, Father's Day. We were dressed and headed out the door to church when I came down with unbelievable stomach pain. It's the kind of pain I get when I eat shrimp (which I no longer eat). I went upstairs and laid down for a little over an hour and then made brunch for him plus Ash was coming over. So instead of going bowling like he wanted, the day was spent just hanging out at home. I ordered take out and he had to get it. Ha! It was so nice to have 3 days off together.

My camera died after I took this picture of Abby and Ash :-(
So I'm afraid no blogging photos for awhile... it's going to the repair shop.

No comments: