Sunday, May 3, 2009

What will?


$9. NINE dollars. 9 bucks get you??? You can help a family in need by donating food. You can spend more... or less... but think about those who have fallen on hard times, harder than you or I. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our church is hosting a "Fill the Pantry" drop off location from now until 5/17. For NINE DOLLARS at Winco- you can buy
can of chili
can of fruit
pancake mix
can of stew
can of tuna
box of cereal
can of corn
can of green beans
2 hamburger helpers
2 cup of noodles
and you don't have to drop off at our church... maybe there is a food bank close to you. Nine dollars to help someone in need. Please consider feeding a hungry family.

So what's happening here at our place..not much. I had a job interview at OHSU. I am rusty at interviewing and going on this little adventure just proved it. Kidding aside, I wasn't wild about the location, commute or parking but like Rick said, "you should feel good that you got an interview- with the thousands of people right now who are applying." awwwwwww.
Rick and I have colds- sore throats, headaches, swine flu fatigue. The kids beg love going to church so I decided we should go. We don't have fevers- we aren't touching anyone or coughing. It just MELTS me when they ask if it's Church day... on the way to church Abby did inform her brother that she is the "Princess Boss." I'm beginning to think there is truth in that.

On Friday morning, when I was getting myself and the kids ready for work/school, Aidan said he had an owie and needed a band aid. Abby said to him, "You don't need a band aid because God heals your owie." She gets it at age 4. The Lord is so faithful.

No comments: