Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Weekend!

I made pomegranate smoothies yesterday- soooooo good. I forgot to tell Rick his was waiting for him in the freezer when he got home from work- he wouldn't know if it was even missing now. Kidding. It's still there. Anyway we like to eat breakfast for dinner around here so it was a great 'side dish.'
Put in all the pom seeds in the blender, a handful of frozen mango cubes, banana, sliced strawberries, some milk and I put in a few scoops of frozen yogurt to make it even better. The kids loved it.
Aidan has been going through something lately- what I've termed as the infamous terrible two's. He is just exercising his independence more, has no patience, throws fits on a whim and is not sleeping. Yesterday when I took him to daycare he cried- so it was another day when I cried the whole way to work because as a mother it pulls at your very core to walk away from this little person who is holding their arms out to you screaming 'mommy' 'mama' over and over and you can still hear it in the parking lot and that image stays with you all morning long. I have tears in my eyes now just typing it. Abby, of course, being the mature one of all three of us yesterday, says (in a tone like duhhhhh) "Mom, you're going to pick him up later." She doesn't get why he cries because she LOVES school. Anyway at 9:45 his teacher calls me at work and says he hadn't stopped crying since I left. So I went to get him and brought him home. I prayed last night and this morning that he would do better today. He lasted all day- but cried most of the morning asking for mommy and daddy. I'm thinking we have hit a separation anxiety phase and I don't know if it's harder on him or us.
I asked Abby what she wants to ask Santa for and she says, "Well... I don't have any money so I'm gonna ask him for money." Now if you were Santa, wouldn't you think that the kid's parents told you to ask for that? When I was her age I wanted toys. TOYS. This morning on the way to school she was so excited the moon was still out and was saying that the moon was going to moon school. I asked what the moon does at moon school and she says it learns about what moons do in the sky and how to float.
I haven't been able to run much this week and it's making me crabby. VERY. It's not even my bad knee- it's the good one. I've been icing it have been resting it the rest of this week. I did start my Christmas shopping though.

No comments: