Sunday, March 30, 2008

Let's Talk About Poop....



This is what bribery gets you.

Abby and Aidan have been attending their 'new' school for exactly one year. In all that time, Abby would not poop at school. Granted, they only attend two days a week but she would hold it.. which in turn causes other problems for her. This week, when I picked her up, her teacher told me that she thinks Abby needs to go but is holding it. I get her home and she doesn't go... that night I decide to tell her, "when you are ready and feel like pooping at school, I'll let you pick out a toy." Then I added, "at the Disney store". Yeah.. really make the offer sound grand.

I pick her up Friday and she pooped!! I rejoiced, yet I was a bit hesitant because she had a bit of a tummy bug this week and had bouts of diarrhea (sorry too much information) so in essence, she basically had NO choice but to go there. Needless to say- it's a HUGE step.

We took her to the disney store today, she said she wanted some sort of house for her princess dolls- this could mean a dollhouse.. or one of those barbie cases.. We were nervous- thinking she would pick out some house that was $100. But nooooooooooo. She picked out princess sunglasses, a princess dress, and princess shoes. None of which match and we got out of there for $27 bucks.

No comments: