Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Funday... or not

First of all, hubs surprised me with a new sewing machine!! Yayy!! I love his surprises they always entail something useful and then I make him learn how to use them first. Since I cleaned house all day long on Saturday and I mean ALL DAY... I had the kids do some work in their summer workbooks. That was brutal. Aidan is all drama. I finally found a place to put the canvas I bought myself for my birthday :-)  Cooper has been sick ever since  Father's Day- randomly throwing up all week. He did perk up today so I'm hopeful. Really would like to avoid a big vet bill.
We had big plans today and kept striking out. We were set to get the kids up early and go to the Balloon Festival- based on the weather I checked first thing at 5am and they cancelled the balloon flights. Strike 1. I decided to just turn off my alarm and let hubs get some extra sleep- especially since he has a man-cold. We used our expired Groupon at a local restaurant since it still had the face value and went out to breakfast. Next up was getting another carpet quote and this place opens on Sundays at 11 but they posted a note in their door stating they were closed on this particular Sunday. Strike 2. From there it was off to the Cat Adoption place (it's on our summer to do list of activities- not to get a cat- just to visit). Their website said they opened at 10 but the door said not until noon. Strike 3. We just went home and wasted time before the library opened at 1.
The rest of the day they kids (and daddy) played with these Perler (fuse) beads I ordered. They've been doing them at daycare and they LOVE them and that kept them busy for several hours. I sat on the couch with my Kindle and the pup. I haven't had a day to just sit like that since... I don't know when.
I got 20 miles in last week. My achilles started acting up again about 5 weeks ago.  I'm really hoping to avoid another round of physical therapy. Rick has been having heel pain as well- we both walk like ducks.

No comments: