Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week 6 Summer

It was "clean the house weekend" last weekend-so I spent the rest of last Saturday doing that instead of all the fun things I had envisioned... never enough time! Sunday was church and Saturday market. I even snuck in a nap so the kids got hosed on riding bikes. Monday was Cooper's 3rd birthday. The kids each made him a card, Aidan picked out a box of biscuits, Abby a jumbone, and we picked up a new collar and some dried sweet potato treat at Saturday market. Plus we sent him to day camp to romp and play and then grooming. SPOILED. The sweet potato thing ended up making him sick. He already had a follow up vet appt for end of steroid use, so they gave us a weeks' worth of pro biotic powder to add to his food for his upset stomach and now a strong antihistamine as needed for his allergies. Rick just LOVES this dog. I even hacked his facebook page to put Cooper as his cover photo :-)
Kids went roller skating on their field trip this week. Now I just need to get through Abby's church camp where they are taking her ice skating. argh. My 34 year old cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer. It has metastasized to his liver and lymph nodes. Basically all they can do is give chemo every other week "for the rest of his life" as they put it. I feel like since my mom had it, and now him that I'm a ticking time bomb....
The American Bible Society featured Abby in their magazine about her bible project.
Looking forward to a quiet weekend- just gymnastics and maybe a movie.

No comments: