Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 4 Summer

Had an awful sore throat for 10 days - I kept thinking, "ok if it's not better tomorrow I'll go in" and would just keep waiting day after day. Finally scheduled an appt but couldn't get in until 7/17. As last Sunday progressed it just felt worse and I wasn't staying hydrated because I didn't want to swallow. I went to urgent care and ended up with 3 prescriptions. awesome. Went to Barre class again. I love it. Good thing cause I missed 3 days of working out due to the garage sale and being just TIRED. (or sick. or both) Had meal delivery Tuesday- I did crock pot mac and cheese it's usually a big hit and they have 3 girls so I can't imagine they wouldn't like it??? My younger cousin went to the dr last week with side pain he had been having. They did an ultrasound and CT scan and discovered a very enlarged liver with masses. When you hear the word cancer again in your family your heart just sinks. I'm sad and scared for him and praying praying praying. This same week I learned my Uncle has lung cancer that has spread. 4th of July came and went. We took the kids to the Zoo, a berry barn- wanted to pick berries but we didn't have enough time, and then to the movie Brave. We finished night off in traditional style with a BBQ and fireworks. The best news of all on the 4th was that Ash and Nick got engaged! WOOT WOOT
Field trips are down to once a week now that they only go to daycare 2x. They went to the Enchanted Forest this week- I loved that placed as a kid. Rick took Thursday off and I went in late so we could have a "date" which was a 10 mile run. I wanted to make sure I still had it in me to do that kind of distance. I haven't been this sore in a long time! Kids had gymnastics today and finally got to swim in our new pool!

No comments: