Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 1

First week out of school. Kids are home Mon and Tues with dad. Wed-Fri they are at daycare only until the end of June and then we are splitting Wednesdays to only send them two days a week to save $$. Wed they went to a play place for a field trip, got a call at 2pm that Aidan had hit his head and was dizzy. Didn't know at that point that he had already been crying for an hour... Rick was home so I called him since he was closer and told him to go get him. He observed him and he seemed fine and went back to playing once Rick got there. I left work and met Rick at home and then we met the kids off the bus at their school. Aidan looked sleepy so of course I was worried and the fact that he had been dizzy had me on edge. But I told myself he didn't throw up, no seizure, he was coherent- he should be fine. All through dinner he looked REALLY sleepy so I wasn't sure if it was from his head or from him playing so hard. He fell right to sleep and 3:30am I woke to him crying hysterically about his head hurting. Got him up and calmed down and we went back and forth, should we take him should be not yes no maybe. By all appearances he was fine. But you just don't wake up crying about your head hurting at that age and then I kept thinking about that woman skier who hit her head and I think she just had a headache and later died.... woke Abby up and we were on our way to the ER. Dr. reassured us we did the right thing even though he looks fine and he is fine... again, he woke up at 330 for a reason.... so we were told little concussion no activity rest of the day. Unplanned day off for me so I got right down to business and cleaned the house so I didn't have to spend my weekend doing it and missing out on doing something fun with the kids. More often than not being a working mom just gets in the way of FUN. Went back to work Friday, got the kids and finished my chores- kitchen floors, laundry, ironing, our bathroom so I could spend ALL of Saturday with the kiddos. Took them to get bagels, we went to the park, we made oreo pops, watched a movie, they played in their bounce house and water table.... it was a great day.

No comments: