Sunday, November 13, 2011

San Diego!

We had last week off! Monday was Rick's birthday- we took Abby to school and then had breakfast. I sent him to a surprise massage appt after his volunteer duty at the kid's school. Tuesday we got up at 3:10am to get ready for our flight to San Diego. We took a quick trip to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Safari Park and the Scripps Aquarium. Abby has wanted to be a dolphin trainer for awhile now and I think this trip just sealed the deal. Loved seeing the animals at the zoo that we don't have at ours- Camels, Koalas and Pandas.
All was well until Aidan got sick with a constant cough- the poor kid coughed his head off for 18 hours straight. We had NO SLEEP for two nights. To top it off, I left his albuterol inhaler at home thinking ohhhh he won't need it. Needless to say I worried myself sick- I was up all night using the bathroom! Thankfully I had packed children's benedryl in our little travel first aid kit and that helped some. I know right??? Benedryl vs. Inhaler. We made it home yesterday evening- got unpacked, the kids fed and I started cleaning house. It's all about utilizing and managing my time right now. I need every minute. Today we took the kids to urgent care- Abby has had plugged ears for awhile now so they flushed out her impacted ear wax. Gross but the girl can hear now. Granted ear wax isn't urgent but she missed last week of school and I didn't want to pull her out this week for a dr appt and since Aidan was being checked over for his breathing...the dr did hear some reatraction on the end of his exhale so he's on predinose for a few days along with his inhaler. I really hope he outgrows this. The rest of day I spent getting fruits and veggies, his invites ready for his birthday party, more laundry, more cleaning, and getting my Turkey Day list ready. The key to getting back from vacation is to have your meals planned and non perishable groceries bought before you leave. TIME SAVER. Rick got out the Christmas decorations. Yep... we decorate over Thanksgiving. Not looking forward to the piles and piles of work that is waiting for me so I'm anxious to just get tomorrow done and over with.
The pictures are out of order and I don't feel like messing with them.
We landed at 9am on Tuesday and dumped our stuff at the hotel and headed straight to Sea World. This whale was so social looked at Abby right in the eye and kept 'touching' the glass where she was. It was an amazing moment.

Hotel Del

Safari Park

Scripps Aquarium



This was one of my top favorite parts of the trip. LOVED mama with her baby








This is the funniest- they wanted to use our photo for their display so they had us sign a model release and we got photos for free. Free is a very good price at these places.


No comments: