Sunday, August 7, 2011

Whew! What a week....

Abby's very first church (day) camp this week! She LOVED it. She was so excited she hardly slept the first few nights. They sent us a package of information prior to camp with details on drop off, pick up, field trips etc. One of the items included a box to have each camper do 'chores' around the house to earn money to raise for Haiti. Let me tell you, our girl is the best laundry helper EVER. She also has a big, big heart. She came in one evening and told me she wanted to give all the money she had to Haiti- which was $1.75. I thought my heart was going to burst right then and there.
Monday after work the kids and I had a play date/dinner so we were out late. Tuesday night I hosted our reunion committee meeting so another late night. Wednesday and Thursday I was able to get a jump start on house cleaning after work so that I wasn't stuck doing it all weekend. Although I have yet to decide what is worse, working all day and then cleaning house or using up your day(s) off to do it.
Rick had barkdust delivered and bless his heart he worked his hiney off all day Wednesday.
Friday Abby's church camp only went until noon so I worked a short day, picked her up, we got groceries and then picked up Aidan to get his stitches out. Quick dinner and bath and then hauled them back to the church for her evening celebration for the end of camp. Saturday spent at home- kids played and I had a huge to do list of chores and misc items I needed to accomplish. Today was Sunday School duty- we only had 6 kids!!! I've been feeling like I am coming down with a cold so I read the paper, made some salsa, and lunches for everyone and took a nap. We took the kids bike riding, ran some errands and then Abby told Rick that "Mommy needs a night off and deserves a break, we should go out for dinner." Although sweet, she's been wanting to go to Red Robin and she hasn't been thrilled with what I've cooked lately. I did get the night off so kudos to her!!!
This was on her door last week. I think it's meant for Aidan but I'm keeping it up. FOREVER.

Stitches out

Gets to take them home

First day of camp

New leveled front yard with new grass

wall he built

goose egg. In one week= stitches, super glued his fingers and whacked his head

last day of camp








No comments: