Saturday, August 13, 2011

Thinking....

Friday I cooked a meal and delivered it to a family I don't even know. I just heard people were needed to rotate making and delivering home-cooked meals. The mom is dying and they have three daughters, ages 16, 13, 10. My heart has been so heavy the past few days thinking of them. The husband and daughters. Not to mention the Mother. The anguish. The hurt. It reminds me of the lyrics in the Blessings song- what if the trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise.... and we know the pain reminds this heart that this is not our home.
Also thinking and praying about the suffering of others. So much of it. Everywhere. Cancer, children and families suffering in Africa, people who can't seem to find work, pay their bills, or get access to healthcare. Sometimes I feel surrounded by grief and truly raw emotions. What if that was us, or when will it be us, thankful and blessed, non deserving, inadequate, selfish. My mind just goes off the beaten path.

I started physical therapy last week for achilles tendonitis. I have it in both ankles from running. It's gotten to the point where I have trouble walking. The lump on the left side is bigger than the right although when she was working on the right side- it hurt far worse. Friday night the kids had a birthday party and Saturday morning was another birthday party. River rock was delivered to finish backyard projects. Oh and my mom took the kids back to school shopping last week- what a treat! The little man LOVES his batman raincoat.









No comments: