Saturday, April 30, 2011

I got nothing...

Same 'ol around here... which is good considering the horrible destruction those in the south are facing.
I just finished 5 weeks of running 5 days a week at 5am... not for anything particular. I always try to run 15 a miles a week and sometimes I'm just not consistent- I might have to run twice a day if I over sleep to get the miles. Anyway- I wasn't trying to lose weight (although I know I can stand to lose a few pounds or ten) I just know how much better I feel when I start my day off with a run. I used to skip some mornings and then I would have to run before bed and I would dread it all day long. Rick wants to run another half marathon this year so I best be keeping up the miles.
Abby's school sent home a notice about how much kids lose what they've learned during the summer. I've heard of this before which is why last year we bought some 'homework' books. This summer, one of the first grade teachers is offering one hour 1/1 sessions with your kid one or two days a week for a small fee. They are also offering a 2-week 'First Grade Readiness' Class in August for 2.5 hours a day to help prepare them for 1st grade. I may be biased, but even though Abby is pretty darn smart I think we might sign up. The kid loves school.
Anywhere there are clean clothes (my ironing pile)- he will claim it. If I have clean sheets on the floor while I am making the bed, he will lay on them and chew his bone on them. It drives me nuts.

I don't know who took my son and replaced him with this one. This kid has been coming home every day after school and coloring. FOR HOURS.



No comments: