Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year

I've never been much for New Year's celebrations- I like to stay home. Besides, Rick works New Years Eve and New Years Day. I haven't been much for resolutions either until about two years ago I decided to give each year a new theme- which has been pretty routine- like give more and volunteer more. Work on scripture memorization.
This coming year I CLEARLY need to work on being a better mom and wife. I need to listen... not just to others but to hear HIS voice. I need to not be so hard on myself. I need to be more obedient. My theme for this year, which I am also imposing on my husband is to get organized and finish all these half done projects. Most of all, I just want to be grateful each and every day. No complaining. I am so blessed and content and all around us there is so much despair, hurt, and conflict that I continually feel undeserving. Not worthy.
I have to tell you, I have been looking forward to this day all week because it was a day off and I have been so excited to clean my house. I didn't want to clean it before Christmas because I knew Christmas morning/day etc our house would be a disaster and then after taking all the decor down I would end up cleaning it again. I started Tuesday night and just did a little each night. Today I spent 3 hours in the playroom purging, cleaning and organizing and the best part of all... cleaning floors. I filled our bonus room FULL for our next garage sale.
It feels good to have a clean house. Even if it's just for today.

No comments: