Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve and Kitchen Duty

And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord"

Is it just me or did Christmas sneak up on us this year? OK it's probably just me....
We went to the PIR lights on Wednesday, Aidan still wasn't feeling well and declared he was all done with the lights when we were a little halfway through. Thursday I got off work early and we were supposed to go to Christmas service but Rick couldn't leave work and I could tell Aidan was tired. That brings us to today, Christmas Eve. Rick is working again and I spent the day in the kitchen. We made red velvet cupcakes to celebrate Jesus' birth. The kids sang Happy Birthday to Jesus after dinner and scarfed them right up. I made caramel corn. We made sugar cookie cut outs for Santa. I made scalloped taters and green bean casserole for our Christmas dinner tomorrow and finally, we made home made pizza. Yeah, it's a food day.
Merry Christmas~ May the spirit and magic that Christmas brings touch your heart and bring joy to you and yours. May you seek HIM and know that he is filled with grace, everlasting love and eternal life.











No comments: