Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Sorta Pushed Him

I was getting ready upstairs this morning and told Aidan to pick out his breakfast and I would be down in just a minute. This usally involves Abby not letting him do this or some sibling tiff that requires intervention. I hear him cry and I go downstairs and Abby says, "I will tell you the entire story of what happened." I just tell her to sit down and let him pick out his breakfast. She comes over anyway and says, "I sorta just pushed him a little bit."

Then comes daycare drop off, my little guy just laid his head on my shoulder and tried so hard not to cry. I stayed for awhile while he clung to me as I was trying to reassure him. He was so sad and upset. He had a rough day yesterday which I think started all of this, plus with Abby being there during Winter Break it's upset his routine. I had to walk away seeing his sad crying face where I proceed to get in my car and sit in the front of the building and cry as well. Heartbreaking and gut ache on the way to work about leaving him.

During the day at work I get an email request from one of our account managers in the Midwest, which I needed to forward to a coworker for him to help with the request. We typically have office banter around here- name calling, joking etc. So... in my email forward to him I mentioned something about him doing this request or I would put him in a headlock. Little did I know that I sent it to my boss, the President of the company (they have the same first name). So later my phone rings and it's my boss and he says "Uh, Juls? You're going to put me in a headlock?" Well, no sir not really.....

And then I messed up payroll.

A few hours later, another co-worker sends me this text message "please pick up pumpkin pie at Costco babe." ha!! His wife is named Julie too. Another mis-directed message at least not by me.

Looking forward to a DAY OFF.

No comments: