Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Damn Dog and Other Mishaps

I was getting ready for work this week when Rick came in the bathroom and said "Damn Dog." I said the obligatory what? and he says, "he bit my foot when I took him potty." If I could have one wish for 2011 it would be for him to at least TRY to work on his relationship with the fur ball. I just don't think they properly bonded, after the chewing of the moulding and what not. The thing is, he forgets Cooper is a herding dog. He ALWAYS nips at your legs when you go down the stairs and at the last minute cuts you off. You have to be prepared half-way down the stairs otherwise you are going down my friend. Mornings are particularly crazy because Cooper turns into the Tasmanian Devil because he wants food. He will bark at you, herd you, run, jump up... and if you take him potty he just might BITE YOUR FOOT. And come on, we all know it was just a nip.
I left work for awhile today to go to the mall to return a sweater and had to finish buying a gift. I was at the counter purchasing something when I forgot the pin number to my debit card. My debit card, the one that I use on a pretty regular basis. I'm not even overwhelmed, frazzled or otherwise (you know how I get when I am on overload). I stood there looking like I don't know what, punching in a bunch of numbers and the man finally says, "How about I just run it through as credit?" "Yes, but it's BOTHERING me that I cannot figure this out." I conceded. Went to the next store and paid with my debit card, pin number on automatic pilot. No issues. Sometimes I just don't know about myself.
I made smoked salmon benedict tonight and thoroughly ruined the hollandaise sauce. So I made a mushroom sauce instead, it was all I had. Just wasn't the same.
Tomorrow is a new day!


1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

Australian shepherds are great dogs...too funny that your hubby and the dog never bonded...I have to admit...he's cute dog though!