Friday, September 17, 2010

Whew!!!

What a week! Sunday was Gymnastics. Monday Swimming. Tuesday Taekwondo. Wednesday night off! Thursday Taekwondo and ironing. Friday groceries and get a jump start on house cleaning. Oh and fit it 2 extra days of walking porky Cooper. Abby made it through her first full week of Kindergarten- all five days- full days. I think she's tired. I'm tired.
Aidan gets daddy all to himself on Monday and Tuesday. I had a bit of a bad attitude around this because well... I'm human . I kept thinking "I'm the mom- I'm the one who should be home with him and he gets all the time" Selfish I know. You should have been in my head to hear the entire childish conversation. Several times while walking fatso, there I go again... I mean Cooper, I kept saying ok you've wallowed enough, it is what is and Lord help me be grateful because I am so abundantly blessed.
We have a certain amount of volunteer hours to complete at the kids' school. I signed up to help with the Scholastic Book orders- not knowing I was going to be given the duty of "Book Order Mom" so two days this week I was online for what seemed like hours trying to figure out the log in code, the parent activation code and get a letter written to all the parents explaining how it works. Next Tuesday I have lunch duty and am serving hot lunch. I think Abby is excited to see me in a hair net. Thank goodness I have a job that is flexible for all of our school commitments.
We found out yesterday that Rick is on a "list" of people at his work invited to San Diego for a Management Forum thing-a-ma-jig. Apparently selection is based on "up and coming leaders of the company" and VP/Director recommendation. Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY proud of him. The only downside is he will be gone of over Aidan's birthday and I will have to take 2 days off since we don't have childcare for the little guy on those days.





No comments: