Friday, September 10, 2010

Our Week


I came down with the barf bug Tuesday morning about 1am and it has wiped me out this entire week. Even Aidan, who came down with it Sunday is still not eating much. Which is fine-I just know how awful I feel so I can relate to the little guy. I prayed as soon as I got it that Abby wouldn't get it and miss her first day of school. She's been so excited! The day before school I resolved myself to knowing it's not in my hands and so what if she gets it, it's not the end of the world we would just have a disappointed little girl.
This morning she was in my bed at 5am and I told her it was too early to get up. I knew how excited she was to go back to school today. I took a shower and she came in at 5:45 and I said it was still too early but that I would let her get ready- she started getting dressed, got one shoe on and burst into tears saying "I can't go to school today" and I said why- and then duh.... she didn't look so hot. I spun her around and told her to aim for the bathtub. She is just devastated about missing school. At least she made it to her first day.
And... Rick is on antibiotics for his man cold sinus infection. It's going to be nothing short of a miracle pulling out a half marathon in 8 days.

No comments: