Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week-ending in pictures rain!

I worked every day, ran every day, cleaned house every day. I'm not complaining. Nope. It was all so I could sit in my jammies on Saturday and do nothing. Well, play Memory and make cookies with my babies. Cookies = Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. Oh and laundry. Laundry is never ending. ever. ever. ever. And... dust blinds. Wood blinds are the worst (ahem... we have faux wood) we typically have no visitors but there comes a time when I can't take it anymore. I also got the rest of their pictures into their photo albums from the last 3 months.
I even took time to read my bad change your attitude book. I'm still in Chapter 1 as I've had to go back and re-visit what I've read, and with the kids, there is a lot of background noise. It's about complaining. I'm pretty sure it was written specifically with me in mind. "That very adversity that you so often complain about is the thing God wants to use to keep your heart close to His. In His grace, He grants adversity to bring us close to Him." We CHOOSE to complain. We CHOOSE our attitudes. Patterns of thinking over long periods of time and bam... it's like a bad habit. "Complaining releases negative emotional energy in a way that provides momentary relief from a situation or circumstance that may be frustrating to us. That is why we find it so hard to resist." I might be a little overly critical because I'm not a constant complainer but lately I've been "choosing" to have a wayward attitude. Work, coworkers, the unfinished projects at home yada yada ..."Complaining" that I cannot keep up this pace. I cannot fit it all in. whine whine whine. Moving on...
Something just clicked lately with Abby and she is reading more and more. It catches me by surprise when she tells me what something says. Aidan still carries his Me-Me and ni-night all over. The kids have only 3 weeks left at their school. It's hard leaving something that works so well and that they love. Aidan gets the Music Together program, Abby takes German and Spanish. Going to miss that, the great teachers, the comfortable routine and their little friends.
I will say to Rick, "Are we doing the right thing?" Even though we feel led to make the move, it's just me feeling discontent leaving something so good. Everytime I ask he assuredly says yes. Often rare for him...reminds me of when I was pregnant with Aidan and it was still early on, we were sitting in church and he leans over and whispers it's a boy. Some things he is just certain of. My worrying self needs to work on trust and faith.



No comments: