Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's as if...

we never left... aside from my nice tan. I'm a list maker. Maker of lists. I had our meals planned and grocery list ready so that when we got home from vacation the next day I was prepared to get back in the groove. Same with work, lists, lists, and more lists. I can be an extreme over achiever and I can also be an extreme couch potato. There is rarely a middle ground. Which brings me to this week- working every day, a dentist appt, Mother's Day tea at Abby's school, cleaning house every single night after work so I don't have to spend this weekend doing it-meal planning, ironing, wrapping gifts, errands, groceries on a Friday night (alone because it's more efficient for me) and running 20 miles because... I don't know. Maybe it's a challenge to myself ...look how busy you are you can totally fit in 20 miles. Did I mention ironing? There was a lot of it. Sometimes I think God is shaking his head saying, 'one of these days she will figure it out.' Beacause what suffers? My relationship with Him. My family. I hurry to get the kids in bed, rushed because I have to dust, I have to finish cleaning the bathroom and I have to get in X amount miles. When all along... I don't have to do any of that. Except I do. or I don't. It's a constant mental argument.

Abby caught a cough/cold the night before we left Hawaii. She then passed to Aidan who has the worst of it because of his asthma. Aidan just wasn't turning the corner and stopped eating and drinking so I took him to urgent care yesterday. He's on meds for 10 days and they prescribed a teeny tiny bit of cough syrup to help him sleep. Oh how he needs it (sleep, not the cough syrup). Rick was next (I think he has a sinus infection but like most men, won't go to the dr unless it's a broken bone) and now of course I'm bringing up the rear. What else have I got... Cooper turns 10 months old next week. I also turn... ahem another year older. Mother's Day sermon at church ALWAYS makes me cry- they have all the Mother's stand up and they pray for us. This year I just couldn't listen, I know... horrible of me, but they did this Mother's Day video and I started to watch it and the lump in my throat grew to where I could have choked on it and my eyes welled up and then it just would have been UGLY crying. You know the kind I'm talking about. I kept singing songs in my head and saying dead kitty over and over. I'll go back to their website or facebook and re-watch it where I can ugly cry at home.

We started there, hit the Hillsdale Farmer's Market, came home for lunch, Rick mowed the lawn and then is going to his mom's during Aidan's nap time. Well... Abby decided to come down with a 101 temp. She's been sick now for 13 days so when he gets home he's taking her to urgent care. Mother's Day plans have deviated for me but it's ok, I'm with my favorite people and although presents are not what this day is about, I seemed to have collected quite a few. I wanted to hit Al's Garden Center today and go out for dinner but we can do it another day and just order in.

Updated: Rick and Abby both spent the afternoon at urgent care where he was seen too. Both have sinus infections. Everyone in the house except me is on antibiotics...
He's getting take out from Pastini and Mrs. Fields Cookies :-) I was able to do laundry and get our Hawaii pictures put in albums so at least it was a productive day!

Almost 10 month photo. Hopefully he's full grown now.




Flowers from Jessica

From my hubby- going on the back of the house

I actually requested this- and it's not for veggies. It's for FRENCH FRIES. yum. Actually sweet potato fries cause you know... healthy. OK yeah, I'll probably make some carrot sticks too.

Flowers from Ash forgot to photo the book she gave me

flowers from hubs

He surprised me with this book I've been wanting!!

Fever girl :-(

No comments: