Saturday, January 16, 2010

Whew!

I am glad last week is over... nothing happened but I feel like I cannot keep up at work, cannot keep up at home.... I make list after list to keep my head on straight. THANKFULLY I worked extra hard in the evenings to clean the house so that today, Saturday, I could sit in my jammies ALL DAY LONG and do nothing. Ok well not nothing. I am doing loads of laundry and dishes. I made cinnamon rolls, I made marinate for fish tacos, I made pancake batter for tomorrow so after church I can make my hubby a big breakfast. And... tonight I am trying a new mac and cheese receipe with goat cheese. If you could do it all over again would you be in your same career? I think I would have chosen something with food or personal training. See? Those go together... food and exercise.
My heart is heavy for Haiti. Watching the news each and every night, the tears just flow and a physical ache appears. The desperate feeling of not being able to be there and do something is profound. In the midst of tragedy though, God is GOOD.

And beacause I love you, and I love cooking... I'm sharing a receipe from my new cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Make these. Your spouse will thank you and your family will eat them faster than you can make them.

Sour Cream Pancakes
1 cup sour cream
7 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
butter

place sour cream in a bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. stir gently- don't totally 'combine' it
separate bowl- wisk eggs add vanilla and stir to combine.
pour egg mixture into sour cream mixture. stir gently. it's ok if it's not totally combined
melt tablespoon butter on skillet. MAKE PANCAKES.

No comments: