Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where do I begin...

I'll just start with this... the other day Rick and I gave each other one of those 'knowing' looks with regard to Aidan and I actually said out loud, "Does he come with a manual?"
I tell you, this kid requires to be watched at ALL times. Boys are foreign... even though we date them and marry them but raising them??? A few days ago he climbs on the couch and I find him sitting on the window sill. The incessant climbing, jumping, throwing. It's in their blood- these aren't learned traits. Abby didn't show him. We certainly don't spend our free time doing those things for him to copy. If I am even remotely on the floor picking up toys or wiping up crumbs, this 2 year old is capable of shoving me down and hopping on saying "Go that way Mama" because I am apparently his personal pony ride. Aside from the biggest loves of his life, 1) His nigh-night 2) his daddy and 3) me-me, he has a new fondness for car washes. If you mention the word car wash he will bolt to the door like a dog thinking it's going on a walk and he won't let up. Car wash has to either be spelled out or whispered around him. Yes, there was a time when he loved his sister's dress up shoes but he's moved on to trains, tractors, garbage trucks, and now electrical cords. Yes, electrical cords. Ceiling fans- I can tell sometimes he is trying to figure out how to A) swing from the one in Abby's room or B) calculate the distance and arm force required to throw something at the spinning fan. Abby's teachers are always telling us how well behaved she is, great listening, so patient, etc. Aidan's go home notes consist of he wouldn't leave Chloe alone, discussed with him and he decided not to participate. This makes me laugh. One because it's typical toddler behavior and two because it's so...boy. He's stubborn. He says no about 127 times a day. He pushes us. He taunts his sister. He gives the best hugs and kisses. He's completely attached to his blanket. He has an intense attachment to his daddy. I get to be his mom and for that I am blessed. Mom's of boys... I have a great appreciation.

No comments: