Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bless You

Spring and Summer bring warm sun, birds, breezes, flowers, lots of outdoor activities and SNEEZING. I have had allergies since I was seven. When Abby was little, I was the perfect subject for teaching her when to say bless you because I sneezed OFTEN. So today when I found myself doing my usual rapid fire machine gun sneezes, and I truly mean one right after the other- I can blast off like 15 in a row, I found myself reminiscing.
I would sneeze and teach Abby to say "bless you Mommy." If Rick was there he would instruct, "say bless you Mommy." I sneeze all the time therefore, she was a quick study. Anyway, we did (and still do) this so much it's just like being on automatic pilot. So one day last year when I was in a meeting at work, sneezing my head off, I had to STOP myself. I opened my mouth to those around me and almost blurted, "Say bless you Mommy" to my co-workers.

1 comment:

5guys&1lady said...

I LOVE this!! I always told Calvin "bless you sneeze head" and then one time at work someone across the office sneezed and completely on auto pilot, I say "bless you sneeze head" and then have to explain it to everyone within ear shot.