Saturday, April 12, 2008

Scuff and Ballerina

Many of you may already know this, that Abby calls Aidan Scuffy or Scuff. Ever since we brought him home from the hospital she nicknamed him Scuffy and she’s stuck with it. She doesn’t ever call him Aidan… their school even calls him Scuff. When he sees her, he just lights up. I point to her and say Sissy or Abby and she says “Noooooo, I want him to call me Ballerina.”

I bribed her again. I told her if she poops at school she can pick out a new book. She tried to negotiate with me and said, "how about either a new book, OR some princess wings (she’s into Tinkerbell right now) because I am tired of walking and I’d like to fly.” The reason for the bribe is two parts; the last time she did it at school was because it was inevitable. She had a tummy bug. I want her to consciously make the choice to go and here is why… she might have to have surgery on her little bum and I don’t want her to have to go through that. She has a bit of loose skin- more or less a skin tag. It’s from a variety of issues- holding it, constipation, and holding it toooo long and then the stool is extremely large etc… so now this skin that is hanging there often bleeds. Her doctor gave us a prescription for stool softener to try before she sends us to a surgeon but we are trying a more ‘natural’ approach with flax and benefiber. Wish us luck!

They hired Rick another manager- he recruited her from Merix. She’s great and they will make a wonderful team. Hopefully it helps his stress level (now if I could just get him on that treadmill). I bumped it up and ran 16 miles this week, with a cold and a tummy bug. Not a wise choice but a personal goal :-)

I did it again... I squirted vicks vapor rub on one of the kids' toothbrush. And what is it with boys?? "If it's even a half inch off the ground it's meant to be climbed and conquered." Sheesh


Snowman waiting for breakfast

Lovin on Pooh

Are my eyes blue or green

Climbing of course

Ready for Ballet






No comments: