Friday, April 25, 2008

Elebenteen

That is a number according to Abby. She can count to Elebenteen. She goes up to nine and then it sounds something like this, ten, eleben, twelve, firteen, sebenteen, eighteen, ELEBENTEEN!! It's hilarious.

So this week...let's see... I fell in our garage Thursday morning. I left my shoes in front of the door and stepped on one as I was going out to load the car. I rolled my ankle and just bit it on the cement. Oh does it hurt. Not even swollen or bruised. I still have 6 miles to try to run between today and Saturday. The kids are on the mend, Rick's cold is better- he never did get a rash.

I finally got my echocardiogram results back and they are normal so I guess I can chalk my chest pain up to stress/anxiety/worry. I know... I'm working on it. I got blood taken yesterday to get my iron 'officially' checked. I'm still waiting for the results so if you happen read this before I get them think good thoughts for me.

I've probably mentioned before how getting out of the house in the morning for work by myself with 2 kids is a bit of challenge therefore I do all that I can the night before to prepare. I've done this since I was little- I set out my cereal bowl, outfit, make my lunch etc... naturally I would still do this as an adult (and before you laugh I read somewhere awhile ago that kids who have had many strep infections often end up with Type A personalities). Anyway sometimes after work I get into a rush making dinner, lunches, emptying the dishwasher that I set out a bowl for me and one for rick with spoons only he keeps pointing out that I sometimes put forks in them. I did this again this week- only I gave myself a spoon and him a fork. So I tell him to just eat some thick oatmeal instead of cereal.

The picture of our bed below- I think Abby assumes that everyone sleeps with things. She likes to leave items on our bed and designate who gets to sleep with what. It's kind of exciting to go in and get ready for bed to see what item was chosen. On this particular day, I got Santa and Rick got a flashlight. Aidan even gets items in his crib- it's pretty sweet (although nothing compares to snowman). Tonight I think I am getting one of the Fairy God Mothers. Speaking of which... my husband knows all of the princesses by name, the God Mothers by name and all the princes- and what princess they hook up with. And Abby... her Uncle Dave made her a princess CD and when I play it, the song will start and I ask her what movie it's from and she can tell me.
On one hand, I'm proud on the other- it's a sign we do let her watch a lot of Disney....

No comments: