Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week 12 Goodbye Summer

Sniff Sniff. Last Sunday was camp celebration at church so the kids were in the sanctuary with us. Came home and needed to head to Costco... Aidan slammed his fingers in the garage door. After Mommy hugs we headed out and did our shopping and while Rick was talking to the tire guy I looked down at his finger(s) and one was swelling up pretty good. Went to urgent care and the dr deemed no xray needed and that it will get worse before it gets better type thing and could last a few weeks. Ate lunch at 2pm and then headed to swim lessons. Monday I took the day off so we could go to the State Fair. Tuesday was work and I forgot Rick had a dentist appt so I took the kids with me to the office until he was done. After work I delivered a meal to a gal's family I went to high school with- she has been in radiation isolation for thyroid cancer. Aidan had soccer practice and from there I went to Barre. Crazy long day. Wednesday he took the kids for back to school haircuts and to the store for them to pick out items to deliver to the food pantry. Although from what I hear it sounds like Dad did the picking out part. Thursday they went on a field trip for bowling and that night was was meet the teacher and school supply drop off. I'm so relieved about class assignments. Last year was a rough year on us with a certain boy in Aidan's class. Friday was their last day at summer daycare- they had a pajama party. I left work a little early because of the Labor Day traffic- went the back roads and made good time so I was able to get a head start on house cleaning. Rick had yesterday off and I have Tuesday off so we get in extra family time. Abby has been coughing that past few days. Not a good start to the school year. Aidan's finger looks soooo much better. I went to Barre yesterday and then Abby had gymnastics. More cleaning and a little pool time for them. We wrapped up the day with dinner out and took them to see Planes. Today our church service was at the dairy and not until 11 so it was nice to sleep in. We both skipped running and hubs made spinach, mushroom, and brie omelets with turkey bacon. I'm thinking we should change our 8am service to the 11am service :-) It was nice to be lazy. Our church provided lunch and a carnival after the service. We had to leave early to get the kids ready for their swim lesson. Tomorrow I'm going to Barre and we're enjoying our last day of "freedom."

No comments: