Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School

Can't believe school has started! I got teary this morning when I was doing Abby's hair. We walked her to her room first and then Aidan to his. This is his 3rd year here- PreK and K and now 1st so I didn't think there would be any issues. He sure surprised us. We kissed him and went to leave and he came running back to us and was sobbing. I scooped him up and held him and then my own waterworks started. He said he wanted us to stay so we stayed awhile longer. His teacher came over to talk to him and engage him. We tried to leave again and he started crying. I told him she needed to start class and she created a diversion to have him be her "helper." After we left we did a 10.66 mile run, came home and showered and drove to the Allison Inn for lunch. We sat outside and and at Pinot Burgers and then split dessert. By the time we were done it was time to get the kids. We took them out to frozen yogurt and then Aidan had soccer practice. After soccer practice we met my mom for dinner and she took the kids to the book store. Long day but so so blessed.

No comments: