Sunday, May 12, 2013

"MY" Weekend

Abby had gymnastics photos on Friday. Cooper's haircut. My Birthday was on Mother's Day this year. Hubs got off easy BA HA HA HA. Friday was Mother's Day Tea in Aidan's classroom. The gifts they make in school are by far my favorite. I received the cutest framed picture of him along with this book about me/us. It says I like coffee, I have good hair, and the best one, "my mom and I like to massage and tickle" Yikes like I'm some perv. But he does like to have his "tickle tank" filled and loves to have his back rubbed. Actually the best one was "What does your mom always say?" His answer was "Who loves you?" It's a little something we do at night after prayers I say who loves you? He says Jesus and Mommy. I remember the same book when Abby was in Kindy and the mom next to me showing me her book where it says what does your mommy like? The kid put drink wine. You just never know what they are going to say.
Saturday I was up by 5am to get a run in and started cleaning house/laundry. Baseball game at 11 and then more cleaning. Time out so Grandma could take the kids to Target. Hubs surprised me by coming home early from work with flowers and then more cleaning until almost 9pm. I just wanted it done so I didn't have to lift a finger today. We woke up early and went to breakfast, came home Rick mowed the yard while I made waffles for tomorrow and some GF chex mix, had football and then home for a bit. The kids played outside and then we went to dinner. This is my fist birthday at home in 3 years. I've been fortunate enough that we planned all our vacations the past few years in May.
The kids have piano practice every day and turn in a weekly homework sheet to their piano teacher. If they turn it in they get to pick something from the treasure chest. One week Abby apparently picked a necklace. The next week she picked another one. This morning she gave me the sweetest card which made me cry and had wrapped these matching necklaces for us to wear. Talk about resourceful and thinking ahead. I asked Rick if she made them in school, or if he took her shopping or?? He said he didn't have a clue so when I asked her she told me what she did. This child is so amazing. I am in just constant awe.
I took tomorrow off to continue the celebrating. Hubs and I are doing a 10 mile run.
Time to go eat cake!

      

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

Happy belated birthday! Love the pics! Your Aussie is so adorable- I can tell he is a ham! Hope you enjoyed your day!